Akarapu Sharath Chandrika Devi Memorial College for Women was started in the name of Andhra Balika Arts & Commerce Degree College during the year 1975-76 at Battala Bazar in the premises of Andhra Balika Junior College. Later it was taken over by Andhra Balika Kalashala Samithi, Warangal (Regd.) in 1980 with the District Collector as its Ex-officio President, prominent and generous local educationists are its members. The college was admitted to grant-in-aid for B.A.,B.Com(General) courses with Telugu medium during the year 1978-79 through G.O.Ms.No.152/Edn. dated 13-02-1979.
In October 1922 the college has been shifted to its own building, at Fort Road, Warangal nearer to Warangal Railway Station and Bus station. The college was rename as A.S.M. College for Women. The college is located in a peaceful and pollution free area and it is accessible to the students of nearby villages.
The college has introduced B.Com. Computers, B.Sc.,Computers, B.Com.TaxPrecodures and practises(Vocational course)during the year 1966-97 as self-financed courses. M.Com, P.G.course was started with an intake of 30 students during the year 2005-06.
Since the establishment of the college, it has been maintaining higher academic standards and discipline. The college is obtaining higher results than the university average results at UG level. Many of our students have won gold medals, ranks and distinctions at the University level.
ASM College for Women,
Fort Road, Warangal- 506002.